Sunday, April 11, 2010

Craft-d developments

So last weekend in amongst catching up with friends, grandparents and fixie bike events I spent some time trying out some new creative ideas.
I'd seen a tutorial on 100 layer cake for creating your own fabric flowers so I wanted to see how I'd go. They were very easy to make and I am thinking I'll put quite a few together to make a necklace.
I also tried making them in felt which I found much quicker to sew and the petals kept their shape brilliantly.
 I've been making felt speech bubbles with the idea to turn them into necklaces. As a series they are called "Let's talk about..." This one is called 'Let's talk about the weather'.
'Let's talk about a party'
I think my technique improved after my first attempt.
I'm not so sure about this one. 'Let's talk about fun'

No comments: