Saturday, March 12, 2011

My current life state of play

So I took a little unintentional break from blogging the past week and a bit. Last friday we unfortunately lost a special person in our family. My nana Merle passed away at aged 81. She was a such a wonderful, independent, creative and generous lady. She was my paternal Grandma which made our loss and the service particularly poignant as we lost my Dad to cancer just over 5 years ago.

It's sad too as she was my last living grandparent and I really feel the loss of the special older people in my life. Although I've inherited alot of characteristics from my parents I identify with so with aspects from each one of my grandparents. I'm sure I get my curly hair from my Grandad Norman. I get my passion and determination from my Grandma Val. My creativity and love for self expression from Grandad George and Nana Merle.

It's also made me reflect on my blog and I feel like it's become less personal. I think as this year progresses I'd love to share more about how things inspire me personally and the things I've made. I hope you'll join me on my creative personal journey.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

So much love and hugs to you baby x