Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Look what I made - Wedding decorations

So the past few months have been non stop on the go. I've barely had a moment to catch up but rather than give up the blog altogether I'VE RETURNED. This week I hope to catch up on sharing on the creative things I've been up to.

On Saturday 2 April one of my bestest friends Helen was married to her lovely fiance Matt. The wedding was a gorgeous handmade marquee affair. I had the extra privilege of being a bridesmaid, designing the invitations, the programmes, helping with the decorations AND coordinating the alter decorations and flowers. Below are some shots from setting up and us behind the scenes of the bridal party photos.
Glorious early morning fog
The lovely Becky and I left Auckland at the break of dawn early Friday morning to pick flowers from my aunty and her partners green houses in Morrinsville. We returned at around midday to help setup the marquee with a carload of flowers.
The marquee with reception layout before ceremony setup
The flower arranging begins
Buckets of flowers and we just had enough! 
I helped to create the table runners and bunting and wrote the blackboard signage.
My alter creation and flower arranging
Jars hung from the marquee along the aisle alternating with candles & flowers
 
 
After setting up the marquee the bridal party plus friends and helpers drove up north to Mathesons Bay to stay the night. We have the lovely opportunity to hang out together and get ready up north before bridal party photos. The wedding was an evening wedding so the day felt nicely paced and probably one of the most relaxing wedding day experiences I've had!
Bridesmaid shoes line up
The beautiful couple
Bridesmaids
The beautiful bride Helen and flower girl Johanna
It was such a magical day and such a privilege to be apart of a very unique celebration. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the professional photos. I'm hoping there might be a few of the decorations and details that I didn't get the chance to capture.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Beth this is so beautiful. So proud of you x

Jess said...

AMAZING!

B said...

Thank you!